Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, September 15, 2017

The Way It Used To Be

It used to be that these doors just fit in the holes in the room box kits... Someone has changed something.  The doors are now too short and too narrow to fit right.  They are going to have to be fudged a bit. 

I have already cut between a quarter and a half inch off of the cutouts for the doors. 

As you can see, I have them glued and taped in place. 

Now I am waiting for the glue to dry.
I found this bag of stuff for Tessie when I was cleaning.  She now has combs, safety pins, hair pins and scissors. Not to mention nail files... I can see it now.  I will be getting out the beads and findings to make nail polish and such. 
She knew I was hiding something and she went looking...

She was grinning from ear to ear when she found out what was in the bag... And I was right.  Nail polish bottles coming right up!
I am getting closer to finishing the rya rug.  I just keep plugging along.  A few rows a day and soon I will be finished.

I am liking this one and I want one my size like this one... April tried to talk me into making one just like this in real size for her... I don't think that I will live that long!

It takes me weeks to finish this size.  Can you imagine doing this on a piece of canvas that is six feet square... It might take a while!

Then after I got that finished, I would have to go back and finish all of the mini ones in this box...

I just told her that if she could afford enough silk yarn to make a six footer, I would get started...

I think that I am pretty safe.  It would be in the thousands of dollars category...

I am going back and work on the two room boxes some more.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Troy said...

I wholeheartedly agree. Its like they are using metric dimensions now?? Good luck with the installation - I know it will look great!

Caseymini said...

Thanks Troy! I thought that maybe I was the only one that noticed this! At least I'm not alone!G