Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, June 11, 2017

One Step Forward...

You know the rest.

I decided that I had better use the materials that the gang is going to get to make the model.  I may still use stucco in places, but I am trying to make it as simple as possible.

They are each going to get a sheet of clapboard siding.  Unfortunately, it is not quite enough to cover both sides, so I am going to fill in the corners with more rocks.  They can use something else if they have it or can get it. Or they can make the side walls an inch smaller. 

I wanted it a bit deeper, so I opted for messing with the siding instead of making it any smaller.
 I finished the floor and foundation. I laid the rocks. (theatre trays). Then I used a size D or E crochet hook to go over all of the lines between the stones.

Now all I have to do is paint them.

I am going to wait until I have the corners of the building rocked too.

I saved the two pieces out of the door frame to use for a pattern if I want to make doors.  They will have to be cut down a little to make them fit after I get the door frame in place.
Tessie is back on the job... Director of Building...

GRRR. She does nothing but sit there and complain and in between complaints, she thinks up new ideas to ad to the building... Skylights? Draperies? An antique Persian rug or two...

I am thinking that a piece of blue masking tape across her mouth would be a good addition...

Anyway, that's as far as I have gotten today.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

miniaturista said...

Tiene muy buena pinta esta casita.
Un abrazo
Maite