Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Progress Is Being Made...

First of all, the plant stand is perfectly straight... It's the camera holder that was tilted...

I decided on Ceramcoat Ivory for the finish on these pieces.  I needed to lighten things up a bit.

I haven't decided where this will go yet.  It will be in this house though.
The little hexagon table fits exactly where I wanted it in the room. I even found a hexagon planter with ivy in it to display there.

See the bit of rug sticking out?  Not the North African one. 

Since the divan sticks out further into the room than I had planned, when I found this one in my stash, I decided to finish this one.  It's not one of my designs.  I wish I knew who the designer was.  A friend gave me the pattern.  Anyway, this one may be replacing the North African one...
Here's the finished divan. Notice that I made pillows and all's right with the world.  Zar got his pillows back yesterday.

some more of the fan slats went to make this eight sided stool.  With this one, I found a woodsie that was the right size to build it around.  Then I simply made a cushion with a button in the middle on another of the same woodsies.  I drilled a hole through the center, so that I could put the button in the center.

Then I simply wrapped the fabric over batting and glued it to the underside of the wood.

It looks like I am going to have to work somewhere else today.  As soon as I had the divan in place, there were people waiting in line to try it out.

Fortunately, Tessie opted not to try her world famous bouncing test on it.  The ceiling is dangerous.  She informed me, "You know... I could get the top of my head wedged between the two sides of the ceiling.  I learned my lesson with the screen...My head is still sore from that."

So...The Terrible Two are lounging around eating tacos and sangria that they stole from one of the other room boxes, while I am expected to work... Here we go again.

See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Good morning Casey. I LOVE the divan and the fan furniture.
Apparently I am not looking in the correct places for those fans. Ever
since I purchased the Patricia King
books many years ago, I have hoped to come across some of those fans, but never have. Please let me know if you or your readers know of a source.
Phyllisa

elizabeth s said...

Hi Casey! I can well imagine that there is a line up of people waiting to try out the divan! The corner cushions look cushy, and on the divan who would ever want to get up?
I think that your hexagon table is PERFECT for the bedroom and the little rug is a good choice too! I am really enjoying the development of this house:))

elizabeth

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, the last time I bought any was at our Walmart. It was with he insence. I haven't looked for them in a couple of years though. Tha other place that I have found them is at oriental import stores.

Lucille said...

Everything looks so very nice and it's such a unique look, not something we often see. It's rather refreshing! I love that black and white check pattern! Love that little stool!

12Create said...

I love that 8-sided stool.

Fabiola said...

I like these new pieces.

Daydreamer said...

I LOVE those fan sticks Casey! I wish I could find some! They really do make perfect Moroccan inspired furnishings!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
The tables are just inspired. they look amazing. As for the sofa, it is beautiful and looks so comfortable and inviting.
Excellent work!
Big hug,
Giac

Unknown said...

I am one of your fans from Spain.... and I think you are brilliant and so creative...!! Here you can buy those very cheap fans in the chinese stores for almost nothing and you can make all sorts of things with a pair of scissors... I made a couple of planters and a side table and they're so cute, sorry I don't have any pictures....